Friday, May 2, 2014

Day One: A Day Late & Quite a Few Dollars Short


I already have a countdown going for when we can move into a new apartment: 364 days  


I’m honestly more than a little bummed that we ended up signing another lease here. I had my heart set on a different apartment, a yard, a garden, a porch and most importantly; a dog! I was hoping that we’d be in the position to make all of these things happen after the year that we’ve already spent in this apartment, but unfortunately, that didn’t end up being the case…


So what now? 


Well, there’s the obvious option of moping and being disappointed that I have to stay here another year and wasting all of that time being unproductive.
But I’m thinking I should do something else instead... I’m thinking of treating this year of wait as its own little project. See what I can accomplish in the next year, keep track of the adventures that I have, big and small, and just try to make the most of the year ahead, even if it’s not how I was originally planning it. 


My best friend and I are in the midst of a project called 100 happy days, which is basically posting a picture of something that makes you happy, every day, for 100 days in a row: http://100happydays.com/ And it’s actually going really great! We’re on day 56 and so far have outlasted every other person I’ve seen doing the project so that’s what gave me the idea. 


One of the projects I want to start working on is actually a series of Travelling Art Journals, so I thought this image would be perfect for day one (this image is not mine): 

No comments:

Post a Comment