Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day Six: Swap-a-Lot



So I’m finally putting something (small) in motion. I’ve been on swap-bot for over three years now. Swap-bot is a pretty neat, free site, that allows users to host and participate in swaps of almost anything: letters, cards, craft supplies, jewelry, photos, pretty much anything you can come up with. Some of the people are a little nutty about things, but if you carefully steer clear of those swaps, it can actually be a lot of fun! 

I’ve participated in over 200 swaps, but only ever “hosted” one: Scissors Beats Paper, a cut paper page.  I just started a new swap today- I’m going to try to host a monthly swap for handmade earrings, since that’s what I’m currently working on, and hopefully expand from there. I think it will be nice to see what other people make, as well as help spread the word about my own jewelry. Plus, let’s face it- I LOVE earrings and could always use another (free) pair!! 

I also added links to my etsy shop and to this blog in hopes of slowly starting to branch out from my comfort zone. 

The year before last I used swap-bot as a way to find participants for a travelling art journal project I was working on. The project itself didn’t last too long, but I’m still hoping some of those journals make their way back to me. I also plan on re-vamping the project into something on-going in the near future.

Baby steps…


No comments:

Post a Comment