Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just do something, already!



I started this blog…3 years ago, now? And have not posted in it since.

Originally, I think it was supposed to be some sort of way to keep track of what I was working on and a way to motivate me to continue working/hold myself accountable. I had participated in a couple of blogs during college and was missing the opportunity to show my projects to others, as well as the interaction of writing about and getting feedback for them. 

(Who'd have ever thought I would say I missed writing???)

One of the things that I’ve always gotten hung up on is this idea that I need to find one thing to dedicate myself to: one craft, one medium, one body of work. And in my search to find that ONE thing that I wanted to do, I’ve essentially done nothing (-okay, so maybe not nothing, although most days that’s what it feels like). Because the truth is I like to do a lot of different things! I get bored easily, have a million things I'd like to try, like to have 57 projects going on at once, that I can flit back and forth from, and maybe that’s okay…

So that’s what I’m going to try running with.

I’m still going to use this as a platform to keep track of & share whatever it is that I’m working on. But, I’m letting go of the notion that one needs to be related to the next, that step one needs to be followed by step two, and so forth. I’m just going to make/do/create whatever I feel like making/doing/creating and hopefully find my way forward from there.

Maybe it'll just turn into some sort of journal of my everyday adventures. Either way, that's more interesting than what it is now.







This is day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment